Grow Old Gracefully?

No thanks.

I plan on fighting it every step of the way. Why not take advantage of all the technology that's available and slow the clock, even if just a little? Why not look as young as I feel?

Take grey hair for instance. My mom started going grey in her mid-20's. I have a few sisters that started young as well. Lucky for me, I work in beauty. I learn about the new technologies to slow the aging process, or at least how to perfect the tricks to disguise it. So am I going to just let grey happen? No way!

Research about reversing the greying process, backed by L'Oreal, was published back in 2006. At the time, they predicted that a pill or cream would be on the market within 5 years to reverse grey hair. Well, they were right! In May of this year, Joico came out with their Renu line of anti-aging products which included a serum to reverse grey. Our Renu products arrived in our salon on May 7, 2008. I began using the serum on May 8th. No delay there. I mean, come on. We're talking about grey hair.

And, does it work? You know it! Works like a charm. Just recently I wondered that same thing myself. I had been using the stuff for just over two months (they say it takes 4-6 to see the reversal). As I was getting my hair done, one of my employees saw a grey hair and plucked it out of my head. Normally when they find a single grey strand, my heart sinks. But this time, you could have seen me grinning all the way up in Idaho (a little shout out to my hometown). That little strand of hair was grey, up until the last quarter inch or so. The part closest to the root had pigment! I was so excited I dropped the strand on the salon floor. We spent the better part of five minutes or so looking for it. I guess I thought it would be cool to laminate it, or scrapbook it, or something. I never did find it. But it's just as well. I don't scrapbook anyway. At least I know that my serum is working.

Now, if you happen to know me when I'm 90 years old, and if I happen to mention that I'm still using the anti-grey serum... Please. Sit me down. Have an intervention. But for now, I'm going to fight aging every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment